Oil & Gas Engineering Consultants
We provide full-scope technical, analytical, engineering and project management services to the oil and gas industry to drive the completion of efficient, valuable projects.
Supporting projects globally
Operating on a global scale, with offices in the UK and US, we can assist your national or international projects. Our highly experienced engineers and associates have worked within the oil and gas industry for multinational OEMs and have in-depth knowledge of regulatory standards across the globe.
Our team of oil & gas engineering consultants have decades of experience working with a wide range of design codes including British Standards, Eurocode, ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), API (American Petroleum Institute), DNV (Det Norske Veritas), and more.
We offer support and consultancy through all phases of your project, including but not limited to:
- Research and development
- Detailed design solutions
- Level 3 Fitness-For-Service assessments
- Mechanical handling
Why choose DOCAN as your oil & gas engineering consultant?
We’re a driven and experienced team of professionals with a can-do attitude. We’re committed to helping our clients execute world-class projects by providing tangible, innovative solutions.
We pride ourselves on the scalability and flexibility of our services; we adapt to any clients’ individual needs. No project is too minor or too complex, and we can facilitate as much or as little of your project as required.
Our expertise lies in listening to your requirements, understanding the demands of your project and assessing the challenges facing you. With a wealth of knowledge and experience gained from working in the oil and gas industry, we offer a hands-on approach in devising the most feasible, efficient strategies that will drive the most value from your project.
Whether you’re looking to streamline your processes, better optimise your operations or simply require some technical assistance – we’ve got the skills and the know-how to implement cutting-edge strategies that provide the desired outcome.
We work with only the latest, cutting-edge computer aided engineering software to design value added solutions for upscaling your project. Allowing us to create sophisticated design models that maximise the quality of your project and address all areas of health and safety, and sustainability.
From R&D projects to decommissioning operations, we have assisted in the delivery of numerous technical projects such as:
- Design, analysis, and assessment of structures.
- Design and assessment of Rotating Control Device components and related drilling equipment.
- Design and drafting of mechanical handling equipment following British Standards requirements and employing FEA for assessment of items for lifting, from small items up to +400Te pressure vessels.
- Piping design, Pipe Stress Analysis to industry leading codes, design and assessment of vessel and tanks including reverse engineering of existing equipment.
- 1D Navier-Stokes based fluids analysis and 3D CFD analysis of various systems.
- Piping slug flow/water hammer and other Fluid-Structural Interaction problems.
- Fitness For Service Assessments (FFSA) of pipework, pressure vessels and associated equipment following the relevant industry codes.
- Design and validation of insert plate repairs strategy for +65m tall pressure vessel, including creation of AFC repair drawings.