Structural analysis software
GT STRUDL® is one of the most trusted and adaptable general purpose structural analysis solutions in the world.
The software has a proven track record in a variety of applications, such as nuclear and conventional power generation, onshore and offshore facilities, marine, civil engineering, and infrastructure.
GT STRUDL offers engineers the accurate and complete engineering data they need for cost-effective and efficient structural engineering and design decision-making.
DOCAN are a trusted and approved sales partner for this product.
If you want a quick, efficient, straightforward, face-to-face sales process, go no further and talk to the DOCAN team.
Follow the links below to find out more about the benefits of CAESAR II
Steel & Concrete Structure Modelling
Advanced Analysis Methods
Load Specifications & Generation
GT STRUDL is an easy to use and flexible interoperable and database-driven solution for beam and general finite element analysis and comprehensive structural engineering design. The solution includes 10 functional areas that operate seamlessly with one another. Combined with amazingly fast computational speed, GT STRUDL provides virtually unlimited power and flexibility for projects of any size or complexity.
GT STRUDL is natively interoperable with Intergraph Smart® solutions, CAESAR II and CADWorx® Structure. This enables structural data-rich models created outside of GT STRUDL to fully leverage the power of GT STRUDL. It is also interoperable with third party solutions through CIS/2 and GTI files. Reduce duplication of effort to save time and ensure data accuracy.
Since 1983, the GT STRUDL QA/QC program has been in full compliance with applicable provisions of the U.S. NRC’s 10CFR21 and 10CFR50 Appendix B regulations. In addition, GT STRUDL QA procedures conform to the ASME NQA 1- 2008, including the 2009 Addenda Subpart 2.7 (NQA-1a-2009). This means that every release of GT STRUDL earns the trust of structural engineers by providing accurate analysis results.
Steel & Concrete Structure Modelling
- Physical member definitions, labels, inquiry, and display
- Nonlinear spring elements, support and member end springs, tension, and compression-only members, large sag catenary, and parabolic cables
- Nonlinear fiber element plastic hinge and plastic zone member models
- Integer and alphanumeric naming of joints, members, finite elements, and loading conditions Automated view generation
- Create and review model with powerful data sheets
Advanced analysis methods
- Comprehensive FEA library including cables, plates, shells and solids
- Linear and nonlinear static and dynamic analysis
- High-performance equation solvers
- Maximum response harmonic analysis
- Steady-state time history dynamic analysis
- Nonlinear pushover analysis
- Pseudo-static loads from dynamic analysis
Load specifications & generation
- Seismic and wind load generators per ASCE 7-05/ 7-10/7-16
- Area load generator
- Gupta and Lindley-Yow mode combination methodologies
- Broad range of user-specified damping properties
- Composite modal damping ratio calculations
- Load combination generation
- AISC: 15th, 14th, 13th, 9th, N690, 341 & Older Editions; ASD/LRFD Methods and Seismic Provisions
- British: BS5950 & BS449
- AISI: AISI89 for Unistrut Sections
- ASCE: ASCE 52 Guide for Design of Steel Transmission Towers & ASCE/SEI 48-05 Steel Pole Structures
- ASME: Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section III, Rules for Construction of Nuclear Facility Components, Div. 1-Subsection NF
- Eurocode: EC3 plus National Annexes
- Canadian: CSA-S16.1-97 & CSA-S16-14
- Indian: IS800
- Chinese: GB (GuoBiao Standards)
- Offshore: ISO 19902, APIWSD (RP 2A-WSD) & Older Editions, NS 3472E
- ACI 318: 2005, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2019
- Interactively generate custom reports of model and load data, results, and figures
- Move sections within the report from hierarchical tree display using the interactive interface
- Filter by joints, members, elements, and loading
- Take advantage of customer footers, customer headers, and summary of loads
- Save/Restore options on filters, order, and checklist
Software solutions with DOCAN
DOCAN is a registered partner of Hexagon, fully licensed to offer the GT STRUDL software to engineers that are looking to add it to their suite.
We offer training, guidance and support in applying GT STRUDL to your working environment and projects, to ensure that you can maximise the software and its capabilities.
Software training with DOCAN
Our team has many years of experience in the field of computer aided engineering and pipe stress analysis, so our partnerships with world leading software houses extend beyond distribution and sales.
We can provide bespoke training courses to suit the customer requirements. In addition, we can combine consultancy and training to transfer the necessary technology and skills over time, allowing you to undertake the work yourselves and DOCAN to provide expert guidance and advise.